Jobs and apprenticeships at Barton Hall
Situated on the gorgeous sun soaked English Riviera, Barton Hall is a fantastic place to work, rest and play.
The centre is an imposing country mansion set in 46 acres of beautiful countryside on the outskirts of Torquay, in the middle of the English Riviera. So, if working close to the seaside in glorious sunshine is what you are after, then look no further. The local area is surrounded by stunning coast and countryside. The English Riviera may be most famous for its award winning beaches and exotic palm trees, but it has much more to offer than just seaside holidays and has more attractions than any other resort in the UK and is also a Global Geopark.
Great for: Sun seekers / surfers, walkers, lifeguards, explorers and beach lovers
Season: April - September
Number of guests: 720 (aged 7-17, Schools, Youth, Language and uniformed groups)
Number of staff: 130
Accommodation style: Staff accommodation is in chalets or the main house shared between two people. Most are en suite. All bed linen, duvets and pillows are provided.
Staff facilities at Barton Hall include:
- Use of the swimming pool
- Two on-site bars and large shop
- Dry ski slope and purpose built lake
- Free Wi-Fi in communal areas
- Staff recreation room
- Dedicated staff garden
- Beach Walk
- Crate Challenge
- Challenge Course
- Indoor Climbing Wall
- Climbing Tower
- Dry Slope Skiing
- Giant Swing
- Jacob’s Ladder
- Low Ropes Course
- Mountain Biking
- Nature Walk
- Problem Solving
- Quad Biking
- Raft Building
- Rock Pooling
- Sensory Trail
- Team Games
- Vertical Challenge
- Zip Wire
Barton Hall is less than 5 miles from the Torquay surf, but if you don’t fancy getting wet, then just a short drive away is Dartmoor National Park.
The area is one of the country’s most popular holiday destinations, with accommodation, pubs, restaurants and shops to suit all tastes and budgets.
There is a large supermarket and retail complex within a mile and the nearest train/coach stations can be found at Newton Abbot.
Barton Hall is steeped in History. From a private residence to war time offices and one of the UK’s most iconic holiday hotspots.
- First built in the 1830’s at a cost of £10,000
- Was requisitioned during the 2nd World War by the Fire Service and the Civil Defence
- Was the home of British Organ / Keyboard Festivals for over 20 years!
- Became a thriving Pontin’s holiday camp in 1957
- Was bought by PGL in 2001 and has undergone a multi-million pound investment
Key PGL Facts
Need more convincing to apply? Surely not, but if so – here are a few ‘must know’ key facts:
- we employ over 3,000 people every year
- over 400,000 guests visit a PGL centre every year
- we are experienced! We have been providing activity holidays since 1957, thats 60 years!
- we have the most competitive staff package
- we are the employer of choice within the outdoor activity industry!